Fumigation is the release of an inorganic gas, which temporarily replaces the oxygen in your home causing the bed bugs and their eggs to suffocate and die. After eradication levels are reached, aeration is the next step. During the aeration process, the gas quickly breaks down into its two naturally occurring ingredients and floats harmlessly away.
- Vikane gas fumigant is scientifically proven to be 100% effective against all stages of bed bug life, including the hard-to-control egg stage, in a single application.
- There is no resistance of bed bugs to Vikane, unlike the resistance they now have to many commonly applied pesticides.
- Vikane gas fumigant penetrates into cracks and crevices, into furniture and any other hiding places
- Vikane completely dissipates to leave no surface residue, odor or film behind.
- Clutter is not a concern with a treatment of Vikane.
- It is safe for all household items including clothes, fine artwork, upholstery and drapes, toys and other children’s belongings, dishes, and utensils. There is no need to wash/clean any of these items after exposure to Vikane (Many of these items can be damaged if treated with other techniques like heat or freezing, and pest management professionals are not allowed to spray beds, chairs or children’s toys.)
- Vikane does NOT damage electronics, antiques or sensitive fabrics. If you’re moving from an infested apartment or building, get your packed moving/rental truck fumigated overnight with Vikane.